On March 2nd we began a 30 day challenge by Fresh Express. The idea is to replace one meal a day with a salad. The salad swap encourages you to trade one meal for a salad that has the same flavors you crave with less calories.
It came at a perfect time because I am trying to shed a few pounds before my birthday in May! I love salads anyway so I don’t think taking on something like this will be too hard to handle.
I received samples of Fresh Express salad for review purposes, but I share my own opinions and joining the challenge was also on my own.
My favorite swap of the week has been the ‘Hot Wing’swap. Hot wings and fries are one of my favorite things to eat. We made a delicious Buffalo Chicken Salad to curb our craving and it worked!
We used the Fresh Express Fancy Greens bag to make this salad for two. Here’s a quick run through if you want to make one:
You will need:
– 1 Chicken Breast, fully cooked and cut into strips or shredded
– 1 Bag Fresh Express Fancy Greens
– Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1/4c. Your favorite Hot Wing Sauce
– Lite Blue Cheese Dressing
– Black Pepper to taste
– 2 Shakes of Celery Salt
1. Assemble salad and tomatoes on plate
2. Toss chicken in separate bowl. Add to salad. Drizzle remaining hot sauce on salad.
3. Season greens with a shake of black pepper.
4. Top with dressing and two shakes of Celery salt.
5. Tweet us or tag us on Instagram with a picture of your yummy salad! Use the #chews2swap hashtag!
You can sign up for the challenge and get more information about it by visiting http://www.30daysaladswap.com. There is also a mobile app you can download with recipes, a meal and calorie tracker, and everything you need to swap that forbidden food for a fantastic salad! Who knows…you may be swapping that cover up for a two piece this summer. 😉
What’s your favorite forbidden food? Join the swap with us!