We probably eat wings at our house once a week. It’s just that serious.
Football season is finally here and all that means for us is even MORE wings! Buckaroo is the self proclaimed “wing king” and he is always trying to reinvent the wing wheel. Do you remember our Cheesestick Wings? Yep. That’s what happens when his wheels start turning.
One of my girlfriends was on our blog the other day looking for a wing recipe and she brought it to my attention that we don’t have many wing recipes. She said, “As much as you post wings on Instagram, I just knew you had some wing recipes on Chewsy Lovers.” She’s right! Let’s fix that.
There are still some things we will only post on Instagram and you will have to join our Instagram Insider Club to get that “tea”.
Wings however, you can get. As a matter of fact, all month my girl Mama Harris and I will be bringing you a new wing recipe each week to take your game day spread from drab to fab! Our husbands THINK they have the wing game on lock. Well honey, they have been misinformed because these #ChicksWingIt and we’re about to bring it! 😉
Hot Lemon Pepper Wings – Restaurant Style
Note: We buy our wings whole and just break them down into flats and drums, because it’s cheaper to do that, but a bag of wingettes will work just fine.
4lbs. Chicken Wings
Oil, for frying
Lawry’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning
3/4-1c. Louisiana Hot Wing Sauce (depending on how saucy you like it)
Melted Butter, to taste
- Heat oil in a heavy skillet or deep fryer to medium high heat.
- Pat wings dry of any moisture from thawing or cleaning them.
- Fry wings until golden, turning once 4-6 minutes on each side depending on how large they are and how crispy you like the skin. If you are using a deep fryer you won’t have to turn them. They will cook in about 10-12 minutes.
It’s best to cook them in batches. Don’t overcrowd your pan because it will bring down the temperature of the oil and all of the wings won’t cook properly at the same time.
- Set wings aside, on a sheet pan lined with paper towels to catch excess grease.
In a large bowl, while the wings are still hot, season them generously with the lemon pepper seasoning and toss them in the bowl to make sure they are evenly coated. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on them.
If you like traditional lemon pepper wings you can stop the train right here and hop off. They are perfect. You will love us and these wings. You will feel like you are at your favorite wing spot. Grab some ranch or blue cheese, whatever you fancy and keep steppin’.
Notice we didn’t season the wings before this step OR use salt. This was not a mistake. If you use Lawry’s Lemon Pepper it really is all the seasoning you need.
- In a separate bowl pour your hot sauce in and taste it. Some people like it really hot so I always recommend this before adding the butter to make sure it’s at the heat level you want it. Add butter a little at a time, stirring well until it tastes like you want it.
Once your sauce is ready, toss the lemon pepper wings in it and serve!
What’s your favorite wing flavor?