This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AvengersUnite #CollectiveBias
Whenever the “Avengers Assemble” there’s a party to be had! Friday May 1st, MARVEL’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron will be in theaters and if you are anything like my family you will be in line EARLY to get good seats. We love to get together as a family and binge watch movies on the weekend (especially when Daddy is off and can join in), so the release of this movie was the perfect opportunity refresh ourselves on all the MARVEL-madness, and celebrate our family, who are Super Heroes in their own right. Trust us. 😉 I’m going to dish a few tips on throwing an epic movie marathon, so you and your family can get in on the excitement and create some great memories of your own.
1. Choose your team wisely. Get together with another family or friends who love the Avengers just as much as you do. That eliminates the side-eyes and crazy looks when they come into your house and people are donned in costumes, dressed in MARVEL comic gear from head to toe, and you explain that you’ll be watching movies all day…yes…ALL DAY. Only movie buffs get this, so no party poopers. Ha!
2. Look the part. Whether the Incredible Hulk is your favorite, or Captain America, come dressed to party. Your full costume may not be so comfy to watch movies all day (comfort is important), but a comfy tee with your favorite Avenger definitely should be a go. If you can’t decide on a favorite (like me), you probably can find one with them all on it, or one that represents the team. I found some great ones at Walmart for the whole family! My initial idea was for everyone to be in “uniform” with the same tee, but you know there’s always one person on the team that has to go against the grain. In my family it’s my big brother.
3. Get the series. While there isn’t a boxed series for the Avengers yet, I’m sure it’s coming. When you have a movie marathon, especially counting down to a new release, you want to have all of the associated movies and the ones that came before the new movie to watch. So make sure you pick up Iron Man 1, 2, & 3; Captain America 1 & 2, Thor 1 & 2, The Incredible Hulk, and The Avengers. You don’t have to watch them all, just pick your favorites, but you definitely need to cop the original Avengers movie.
4. Have MARVEL-ous Menu! Great food is a must for a fantastic movie marathon. Use the characters as your inspiration. We served: Super Hero Subs, Iron-Hot Wings, Hawkeye Arrows (fruit and cheese kabobs), and specially marked Avengers packages of Dr. Pepper, Cheez-Its, and Doritos we found at Walmart. We also were sure to have plenty of popcorn and everyone’s favorite boxes of movie theater candy.
5. Get comfy. Put on some comfy socks, have plenty of floor pillows and throws so everyone is comfortable. Take a break between each movie, get up and stretch, even play a game or two, or talk about the new movie and what you’re excited to see.
There are no rules other than to have fun and enjoy each other! I hope my tips were helpful and you were inspired to get your family together for some MARVEL-ous fun! Avengers unite!
Are you excited about The Avengers: Age of Ultron release? What are you planning to do with your friends and family?