School is about a month in and my little big guy has been doing great. We’ve had a rough day or two. You know those days that every little boy has…but for the most part, third grade has gotten off to a great start. He’s had to adjust to a lot in the past year with moving and becoming a big brother again, so I’m glad that he’s taking everything in stride. He’s my little superhero. He got an award last week at school for helping other students. Perfect timing! Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier was released September 9th on DVD; I figured this was a perfect time to treat him!
If your little superhero (or big superhero) likes Captain America as much as mine, swing by Walmart and pick up the movie! When I was there I also grabbed some M&M’S® so we could make something sweet together to enjoy with our movie.
M&M’S® Chocolate Cheesecake Minis
6 Graham Crackers
1/2 stick of butter, melted
1 box of Chocolate Cake mix
1 stick of butter, softened
8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
2 c. Powdered Sugar
12 oz. Bag of M&M’S® Chocolate Candies
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a food processor, pulse Graham crackers until crumbly
3. In a bowl mix the crumbs with butter and press firmly into a prepared baking dish.
4. Mix Cake mix, egg, and butter together until combined and makes a “dough”. Press mixture into pan on top of Graham cracker layer evenly.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Meanwhile mix cheesecake layer in a bowl until smooth. Pour on top of cake and return to the oven for 20 minutes, until top is firm and set.
7. Let cool completely and top with crushed M&M’S. Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving. Enjoy!
You can use a knife to cut them into bars, I used a biscuit cutter to cut mine into rounds.
For more M&M’S and superhero fun visit the social hub at www.heroeseatmms.com! You can get a cool coupon and and so take neat quizzes on what M&M you are. I was Ms. Brown! I know right? 😉 That’s not all! Enter below to win a Walmart gift card!
Who is your favorite Marvel Superhero?