When we first started dating, Buck worked at a nice Italian restaurant downtown. When he was feeling sweet (which was often) he would stop at the hotel next door to the restaurant after his shift and bring me home two of their famous cookies. If I had a bad day, he would text me that he was coming home with a treat and I KNEW if it was those cookies, he was going to be in for a treat too. 😉
Five years later into marriage and a full nest, life has changed. Hotel cookies and hotel sex are few far in between, but boy do we need it and we enjoy it when we are able to indulge.
Did you say “Hotel Sex”?
Absolutely. You know that sex where you can be as wild as you want…as loud as you want…put a ‘Do Not Disturb’ sign on the door…tell housekeeping to come back later…that kind of sex. Couples need it, ESPECIALLY couples with small kids like we have. While we love a good hotel stay, and even a staycation, we can’t always do that so we do the next best thing. Get our Hotel Sex in at the house.
Here’s how you can too:
1. SUPER CLEAN YOUR HOUSE. Like “power clean” it. Nothing says let’s frolic all over this joint like a clean house. Not your everyday tidy up. They don’t do you like that at The Ritz! Take notes!
2. GET SOME CRISPY, WHITE, GOOD SHEETS. These are your “Hotel Sex Only” sheets. When you lay these on the bed and give them a light mist of Lysol spray, he’ll know it’s on! You don’t Lysol your sheets at the hotel?! Hmph. You better.
3. GET RID OF THE KIDS. Hire a babysitter for a few hours. Make an appointment with each other to take off a work day while the kids are at school, or even come home early before they get home. I want the kids to know Daddy as just that…not everything else I may or may not call him when…(even though sometimes that’s Daddy too). 😉
4. PUT A ‘DO NOT DISTURB’ SIGN ON THE DOOR. This is for setting the mood and for fun. If you followed step 3 you don’t have to worry about being disturbed.
5. HAVE DINNER DELIVERY ON SPEED DIAL. If you really got it on hotel-style, cooking dinner is going to be the furthest thing from your mind when it’s over and all you’re going to want to do is eat. So make it easy on yourself. Have a plan.
I would also add turning off your phone or putting it on Do Not Disturb, and maybe turning on a good ‘ol baby making playlist if that’s your thing. Ha! Just get it how you live. Get loose like you did before life jumped in the fast lane.
Take some time to enjoy the cookies, like you used to.
Here’s my take on those famous cookies I love: