If your husband is anything like mine he loves steak and potatoes. I surprised Buckaroo with this hearty for breakfast one morning and he loved it! I gave this recipe for ‘Juevos Rancheros’ (Farmer’s Eggs) a steak n’ potato upgrade. As we celebrate National Barbecue Month and love of all things grilled we wanted to share this easy, fantastic recipe!
Ribeye Juevos Rancheros
3 Red Potatoes, diced small
4 corn Tortillas
Fresh Salsa (jarred salsa would also work)
2 Small Tomatoes, diced
1 Jalapeño, seeds removed and diced
1 Yellow Bell Pepper, seeds removed and diced
1 Orange Bell Pepper, seeds removed and diced
2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped fine
Juice of 1 Lime
1 6 oz Ribeye Steak, grilled, and sliced thin (We cook ours to a medium temperature. Leftover steak, or chicken both work great in this recipe.)
2 Eggs, Fried
- Preheat oven to 350. Roast potatoes for 20 minutes. Cut your time in half by frying them in a little vegetable oil. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Toss fresh Salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside. This step really can be done the night before. In my opinion fresh salsa is always better the next day.
- Fry tortillas for two minutes, or until crispy and golden.
- To assemble the dish, place a spoonful of salsa on the plate first and top with one tortilla. Then add potatoes, steak, and another spoon of salsa. Add another tortilla and top with a little more salsa and a fried egg. (I like mine fried hard, but that’s just me.)
- Assemble the second plate the same way, and dig in!
Served with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. I dashed Buckaroo’s with hot sauce, because he likes it spicy!
Have you ever had Juevos Rancheros?