I absolutely love chips and dip. I could eat it every single day. I don’t even think I’ve met a dip that I didn’t like. Even when Buckaroo and I hit the town and try to eat somewhere “fancy” I’m looking for some kind of dip on the appetizer menu. Ha! He says I’m so predictable. I say it shouldn’t be so dang tasty!
Strawberry and basil is a combination I absolutely love! Most times I use them when making a summer dish because it’s such a refreshing combo, but Strawberries are in season in Florida right now, so this dip is packed with fresh flavor. The truth is, I purchased some strawberries for a ladies night party and I had a pint leftover. I also had some avocados in the fridge I needed to use, and I realized as much as I love chips and dip, I have not shared a version of my favorite (guacamole) with you!
This dip is perfect for spring entertaining, especially as the weather is warming up. If you want to lighten it a little, omit the sour cream or use lite sour cream. The strawberries give it a nice sweetness that go well with the bite of the red onion and tang of the lime. It is delicious with lime salted tortilla chips!
- 3 Hass Avocados, ripe
- 1/4c. Sour Cream
- 1 Lime, (Juice and Zest)
- 1tsp. Minced Garlic
- 3 Fresh Basil leaves, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp. Minced Red Onion
- 1c. Fresh Strawberries, diced
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Cut avocados in half and remove the seed. Scoop flesh out and dice small or medium depending on if you like your guacamole chunky.
- In a bowl mix avocados, sour cream, lime juice, zest, and garlic until combined well. Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.
- Fold in basil, onion, and strawberries. Adjust seasonings. Serve immediately.
- Grab your favorite tortilla chips and dip baby, DIP!
What’s your favorite dip?