When it comes to setting my Super Bowl table, I like to work smarter, not harder. Dishes that can be prepared in advance, or that are really easy but delicious are always my go-to picks when setting my party menu. If you are not a baker, or if you THINK don’t have time to whip up a delicious dessert for your game day spread, you came to the right place!
Double the recipe because you will need to make two. TRUST me on this. It has been known to cause uprisings, brawls, mayhem, and disorderly conduct. I’m ALMOST just kidding. I have been making this SUPER EASY recipe for years now and if I show up to dinner, a party, or gathering with one I always get harassed that I didn’t bring two. It is famous. People will love you. I have never shared this recipe until now, so consider yourselves privileged. Anyone reading this who has had it before is in for a shock when they see the simplicity of this recipe.
- 8 Mini bowls/ramekins OR 1 Graham Cracker Pie Shell **DO NOT throw the plastic top away. It will make for easy transport to your shindigs when the pie is finished.**
- 13 oz. tub of Strawberry Glaze (We like Marzetti’s)
- 1 pint of Fresh Strawberries
- 1/4 c. Granulated Sugar
- 1T Vanilla Extract
- 8oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 8oz. Cool Whip
- Spread a thin layer of the strawberry glaze on the bottom of the pie crust.
- Cut strawberries into round slices and layer on the glaze. Repeat another layer of strawberries. Spread another thin layer of glaze on top of the fresh berries.
- In a clean bowl mix vanilla, sugar, and cream cheese together until mixed well. It should not be grainy. Fold in cool whip until nice and smooth. It should taste like one filling, not two separate ones put together.
- Top the strawberry layers with the cream cheese mixture and spread evenly. Top with remaining strawberries to garnish.
Boom! Pow! Shazaam!!! No really…that’s it! Refrigerate for at least four hours and you are made in the shade. I don’t care where you take this…office luncheon, holiday party, baby shower, Super Bowl party, whatever, this recipe is M.W.A.H. (making whet appetites happen) for real!! It’s tried and true. Make this super easy, delicious dessert for your next gathering! You will be glad you did!
Does your family have a “must-have” dish or dessert at gatherings?