This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Spring has SPRUNG in Atlanta honey!! Let me be the first to say, I am so here for it. Being a Florida girl, I dread the onset of winter in Georgia and I’m so glad it’s over. I know it doesn’t get as cold as some places but it’s too cold for me. Give me the sunshine any day! I was grabbing some grocery items from Walmart for the kids’ lunches and I decided to surprise them since it’s been so nice outside and they really have been great kiddos.
I picked up some M&M’s® Peanut and M&M’s® Carrot Cake to make the most awesome all white Easter cupcakes EVER to bring in spring! As you see, that’s not what happened. Have you tried the M&M’s® Carrot Cake flavor?
I had never tried them until I got them for these cupcakes. They were on the seasonal aisle with all of the Easter candy. In my store it’s near the garden section, not where the regular candy is.
- 1 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 1/4c. Cake Flour
- 1tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- Salt, a pinch
- 1 1/2c. Vegetable Oil
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 heaping cup of grated Rainbow Carrots
- 1/2c. Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- 1/2c. Crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1/3c. Shredded Coconut (for cupcakes)
- 1c. Shredded Coconut (to toast for topping)
- 1 bag M&M’s® Carrot Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and oil together in a bowl until mixed well.
- Beat in one egg at at time and combine well. Add vanilla, and combine well.
- Fold in carrots, nuts, pineapple, and coconut. Until just mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Using a piping bag/or a ziploc bag with a plain piping tip, circle the top of each cupcake with cream cheese icing. Dot a little in the middle of each cupcake to hold the “eggs” in the nest.
- Spread reserved coconut on a sheet pan on parchment paper and toast for five minutes in the oven until light brown. Sprinkle coconut around icing to make the nest. fill nest with M&M’s® Carrot Cake candies. Enjoy!
So these all white carrot cake cupcakes…I went to get white carrots, but I couldn’t find any. I did find some rainbow carrots that were bright yellow and purple and decided to roll with those. They gave me a sunny and tropical feel. I used this coconut cream cheese icing to top them. These spring cupcakes make a great activity to do with the kids and talk about all of the things that are growing, blooming, and chirping! So we decided to make tropical birds nests. Although we’ve never seen nests of tropical birds, we imagined that these lovely, and bright orange and green M&M’s® Carrot Cake were pretty close. They were so yummy and they’re white chocolate candies so I knew they would be delicious!! The kids loved them. We had a few that were cracked in the bag, and my daughter said, “These are perfect. They really are like hatching eggs!” Kids are geniuses! We even decided to sit out on the porch and enjoy the weather. We love to incorporate learning in the kitchen, and when it’s so tasty, why wouldn’t you!?
What do you like to get out and do with your family in the spring?