Word on the street is Starbucks has a secret menu. I actually have heard that many restaurants do. It’s not “CIA secret”, but they have a list of menu items that aren’t on the daily menu, but you can still order them. Well, two of my lovely friends gave me the “tea” on one drink on Starbucks secret menu, the Tuxedo Mocha. I am already hooked on the White Chocolate Mocha so this was right up my alley. It’s called the Zebra Mocha in some circles. It is a regular mocha mixed with white chocolate. It is sooooo delicious!!! I don’t get by Starbucks much because…well…”the way my wallet is set up at the moment…” 😉 but when I really want to treat myself now, this is what I order.
I realized going through my pantry that I had all the makings for a Tuxedo Mocha but I wasn’t in the mood for coffee. So I made brownies. They were fantastic. So I decided to share. You’re welcome.
- 1/2 c. White Chocolate Chips
- 1 stick of Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 tbsp. Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 tbsp. Espresso, or extra strong black coffee
- 3 Eggs
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 c. All purpose Flour
- With about a teaspoon of water melt white chocolate in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Mix white chocolate, cocoa powder, and butter together in a bowl. Add the vanilla, and espresso.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, sugar,and salt until mixed well. Slowly add in the flour.
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture until just combined.
- Pour into a baking pan lined with parchment paper, or prepared brownie pan. Bake on 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Let them completely cool before cutting. Garnish with extra white chips. Enjoy by themselves or with some yummy vanilla ice cream!!
Are you a Starbucks fanatic like I am? What’s your favorite drink?