This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MoscatoMoments #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Buckaroo and I like to have sunset dates in our backyard. We have a big mango tree in the back yard, and the inlet runs behind our house so it’s always a beautiful time to reconnect when we can’t leave the house. Summers are usually quiet around our house, because the big kids travel during the summer, so we have more opportunities to get our quality time in. We love to entertain, so we always keep things on hand for a little impromptu gathering, even if we are only entertaining each other.
Many couples feel pressed for time and money when it comes to dating regularly, but we are not taking that as an excuse! You NEED to get that time in with your boo, and I’m going to share a few ideas to make it happen this summer.
- Be prepared. I know, the whole point of it being impromptu is the element of surprise, but you still should prepare. Keep a basket in your closet that has things like a blanket, a board or card game or two, even a list of dates/activities you want to do this summer. this makes it easy to just “DO” it. A quick trip to Walmart can get you set up with everything from the drinks, to entertainment.
- Have a cute outfit. Nothing too dressy, but just something that says, “I’m cute and getting cute for you is still worth it to me.” Sweet right?! Just have a one or two options that are no fuss, and you can just put on and be cute but also comfortable at the drop of a hat.
- Wine & Dine: Be able to make a quick meal, and have a delicious drink ready to go with it. Sutter Home wines are perfect to keep on hand to make these “surprise” dates special. They are super affordable, so you don’t break the bank. They also have several delicious flavors to choose from: Red Moscato, Pink Moscato, Moscato/Riesling blend, just to name a few. So it’s always exciting! I grabbed mine at Walmart because they carry the Sutter Home Blends like Sutter Home Moscato/Chardonnay, that I just had to try. They are great in spritzers, like the one we made, but they are also tasty alone. Our go-to date night meal are wraps. Our Strawberry Spinach wrap was made with leftover steak and a fresh salad. We keep flour tortillas, because whether we want to enjoy them in the backyard, or at the beach, they are quick, delicious, and super portable.
- Have a great playlist. We don’t recommend phones, unless you’re using them to play music. 😉
- Be open-minded. Many people think date nights have to be fancy or elaborate, but the truth is, they don’t. They just have to be fun. You don’t even have to leave your house if you don’t want to. Get outside, enjoy the weather. All you need is some good food, a good wine, and the right company.
Fresh Mango Spritzer
- 2c. Fresh Mango Puree
- 1c. Pineapple Juice
- 1 bottle Sutter Home Chardonnay Moscato, chilled
In a large pitcher, mix all ingredients together. Serve immediately.
Strawberry Spinach Wraps
- 1/4 c. Chopped Strawberries
- 1/4c. Feta Cheese
- 1 1/2 c. Fresh Spinach
- 8oz, cooked steak (cut in strips or cubes)
- 2tbsp. Balsamic Dressing
- 2 flour tortillas
In a clean bowl, mix strawberries, cheese, spinach and steak. Toss mixture in balsamic dressing. Divide salad into two and wrap each salad in a tortilla, fold in the ends under to close the wrap. Cut in half and serve. (Wrap in plastic wrap or foil if you are packing it for a picnic-style meal.)
What’s your favorite summer date? Get more great ideas to make special moments with Sutter Home this summer here!