The first question that comes to mind when it comes to writing a high school resume is “What should I put on it?” Well, for starters, you’ll need an objective statement. An objective statement tells potential employers what your goal or desired position is in the company.
You also want to include any previous work experience and any relevant skills you have. If you are currently enrolled in high school but are planning on graduating this year, make sure to mention where your graduation date will be at the bottom of the resume.
Lastly, remember not too bold anything on the document because that just makes it stand out more than everything else which can come off as unprofessional if done incorrectly.
- Summary for high school students with no work experience
- A good summary for a resume for a high school student would be:
- There are a few things you can do to make your summary stand out:
- High school resume objective
- What should I include on my resume as a high school graduate?
- What are the five hard skills?
- What are the soft skills that should be included in my resume?
- High School Resume Template 9 Free Word Excel Pdf
Summary for high school students with no work experience
- Add a summary at the top of your resume that summarizes your skills and goals
- Include any previous work experience you have, including part-time jobs or volunteer opportunities
- List any relevant skills for this desired position
- Mention where your graduation date will be at the bottom of the document to show potential employers when you’ll be available to start working again after high school graduation
- Don’t bold anything on your resume because it can make it look unprofessional if done incorrectly
- Be creative with how you list information on your resume – use bullet points, charts, graphs, etc
A good summary for a resume for a high school student would be:
This is your opportunity to show off your skills and personality. Don’t be shy to use creative techniques, such as bullet points and charts. Your job search should be fun and give you confidence in your ability to land the position you’re looking for!
There are a few things you can do to make your summary stand out:
- Use bullet points to make it easy for the reader to scan
- Use charts or graphs to showcase your skills in an attractive way
- Summarize your goals and objectives for the position you’re applying for
- Highlight any previous work experience you have, even if it’s just part-time or volunteer work
- Include your GPA or ACT score if you feel it helps improve your chances of being hired
- If the job requires specific skills, make sure to list any related classes you’ve taken
- List any leadership positions you may have held, including student group affiliations
- You can use a dash (-) or an asterisk (*) between sentences to make them stand out
High school resume objective
“I am a motivated individual with the drive and determination necessary to be successful in your company. My strong organizational skills, ability to work a part-time job, and willingness to learn make me an excellent candidate for this position.”
What should I include on my resume as a high school graduate?
If you’re a high school graduate and you’re looking for a job, what should go on your resume? You’ll need an objective statement that indicates what sort of position you’re applying for. You’ll also want to include any previous work experience, skills, and GPA or ACT score if it applies to the position. Just keep in mind that you are limited to two pages, so try to fit everything on there without making it too overwhelming.
What are the five hard skills?
Five hard skills that can be included on a resume are:
- Computer Skills
- Language Skills
- Technical Skills
- Creative Skills
- Organizational Skills
Also, remember to include your GPA or ACT score if the job you’re applying for requires it. For example, an occupation that requires a high level of responsibility might require a higher GPA as well as extra-curricular activities and leadership experience.
What are the soft skills that should be included in my resume?
Soft skills are personal traits that are not learned in school or through work experience but are demonstrated in interactions with people. The five soft skills that are most relevant to the job search are:
Consider including these when you begin your resume in order to show potential employers that you have what they’re looking for.
High School Resume Template 9 Free Word Excel Pdf
11 High School Student Resume Templates Pdf Doc Free
High School Resume Example And Writing Tips 2018
Samples Of High School Resumes Sample Resumes
Resume Template High School Graduate Free Samples
College Resume Template For High School Students 2021
Free High School Resume Templates For Download Australia
College Application Resume Template For High School Students
Sample Resume Format For High School Students Good
This is your chance to demonstrate your talents and personality. Use innovative methods like bullet points and pie charts if you’d like to. It’s important for the job search to be enjoyable, as well as encouraging you in your ability to get the position you want!